Utility Construction CDL Driver
Date:Jul 6, 2022
Location: Lynn, MA, US, 01901
Company: Centuri Group, Inc.
Who We Are
Join the leader in underground pipeline construction and get yourself a solid career with solid pay! Take your first step on a clear path to career advancement. Join Us - weve got work for the next 100 years!
Established in 1972, New England Utility Constructors Inc. (NECUO) has been providing underground utility construction solutions to New England for five decades. Known for safety, quality, and excellence, NEUCO specializes in pipeline and natural gas distribution construction. Our well-trained and professional staff aims for excellence on every project. Competitive wages and benefits from day one. Paid training and development. Opportunities to advance. At NEUCO, you are part of a team working to support critical utility and energy infrastructure.
NEUCO is seeking a Construction CDL Driver to join our team! CDL Drivers are responsible for loading, transporting, and unloading equipment, supplies, and earthen materials safely into place. Operates specialized trucks, earth movers, and performs general labor.
What You'll Do
- Operate a variety of vehicles hauling, loading, and unloading equipment and materials to and from job sites
- Maintain daily pre-shift vehicle and equipment inspections
- Perform regular maintenance and cleaning on assigned vehicles and equipment
- Maintain all industry required Operator Qualifications
- Perform responsibilities as requested by leadership
What You'll Have
- Valid Commercial Drivers License
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Skill to operate equipment in close proximity to workers and underground utilities
- Knowledge of DOT regulations pertaining to commercial vehicles
What You'll Get
- Weekly Payroll
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Career Development Opportunities
- 401K w/ Company Match
- Voluntary Life Insurance and Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Benefit Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Work sites are outdoors in potentially extreme weather conditions
- All worksite safety instructions are written and spoken in English; must be fluent in English
- Work includes prolonged and repeated: lifting (including overhead, up to 50lbs); standing; climbing; kneeling; reaching and feeling; crouching and crawling
- Work is performed within the red zone of heavy equipment
- Working safely requires quick/accurate hand-eye coordination and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Pass pre-employment, random, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug screens
- Provide valid US work authorization documents for E-Verify
- Satisfactory results of pre-employment background check results
- Valid drivers license with clean driving record
- Pre-employment medical fit-for-duty test; hold/obtain DOT medical card
- With the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities we serve in mind, all candidates who receive an offer of employment will be required to complete a COVID-19 risk assessment; your responses will help us determine an employment start date
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Commitment
This job description is subject to change at any time. It reflects managements assignment of essential functions, and does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Centuri and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Centuri will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.
Centuri is a Department of Transportation regulated employer. Certain safety-sensitive positions are covered under the DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Regulations, 49 CFR Part 40. It is important to note that marijuana remains a drug listed in Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act. It remains unacceptable for any safety-sensitive employee subject to drug testing under the companys Drug Free Workplace Policy to use or test positive for marijuana.
Nearest Major Market:Boston
Find similar jobs: