Job DetailsJob Location
Various Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, PA
DescriptionAmericans depend on fuel to power their journey. How would you like to work in an environment that empowers your independent spirit while providing competitive pay and excellent benefits? If you like to work Nights, let us know!!Carroll Motor Fuels is seeking independent individuals who like "the freedom of the road, competitive income potential and excellent benefits." Most importantly, you are guaranteed to be home every day!
The Driver will deliver various petroleum products to residential and commercial customers. Duties will include, but are not limited to, local driving in the Lancaster, PA & Stewartstown, PA, area using a straight truck, delivering petroleum products, and completing required daily paperwork. Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the Company's Guiding Principles and Service Excellence behaviors.
- Conduct Pre-trip and Post-trip inspections according to established standards daily.
- Drive a straight truck to delivery locations while obeying all local traffic laws. Operate other Company vehicles within license classification restrictions on occasion as assigned.
- Deliver product by attaching the hose and operating the truck's pump to transfer fuel from the truck to the customers' receiving vessel.
- Monitor the transfer of product from the delivery truck to the customer's vessel. Staying within five feet of the product control device(s) during product transfer.
- Make product deliveries only to tanks equipped with audible vent alarm. Determine when the tank is full without a product release, is important.
- Loading product into truck at local loading facility as directed by dispatcher and completes Loading Manifest.
- Receive delivery route and product information from the shift dispatcher, each shift. Operate the truck's onboard delivery computer and meter systems.
- Maintain required paperwork including manifests, emergency response guides and Driver Vehicle Inspections Reports (DVI R' s).
- Take a 'stick reading' (measurement of the number of gallons of product in the tank) for all underground storage tanks prior to unloading the product into the tank. Complete another 'stick reading' measurement immediately after the product has been pumped into the tank. Record measurements on the delivery ticket.
- Leave a summary/ticket which details the amount & type of product delivered directly with customer or at the customer's home/business. Obtain necessary customer signatures for specified accounts.
- Maintain DOT hours of service log daily. Complete full log when required by the number of hours worked or miles t raveled.
- Report vehicle problems to Fleet Maintenance Department using the DVIR.
- Attend work when scheduled. Working the number of hours assigned.
- Perform other tasks & duties as assigned or required.
- During peak business periods and/or extreme weather conditions, may be required to work an a-typical schedule or work in other capacities within the organization.
We are interested in CDL Drivers with Hazmat & Tanker endorsements (Class A)
, who wish to deliver various petroleum products to our customers. If you are currently enrolled or preparing to enroll in a CDL Course, take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program to reduce the costs associated with this certification-reach out for details.Our Company:
- Carroll Motor Fuels has been serving communities in Baltimore and the Mid-Atlantic region for over 113 years. We have strong roots in this community, and a dedication to excellence. Our success has been achieved by consistently following the principles of excellent customer service. That means rock-solid reliability and a guarantee of customer satisfaction.
- We encourage our staff to continue expanding their knowledge by offering tuition reimbursement for education each year, interested? Ask for details.
- Our employees' happiness is our top priority. That is why we encourage a healthy balance between working hours and personal time.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Company match
- Paid PTO
- Casual Business Attire
- Employer Paid Life Insurance & ADD Insurance
- Pet Rx Perk for employees with fur babies
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
QualificationsMinimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED recommended, but not required
- Must be 21 years of age (DOT required)
- Current/valid Maryland State Class A Commercial Driver's License with Tanker and Hazmat endorsements
- Current/valid DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate
- 3+ Years experience driving tanker vehicles
- Ability to lift and pull a minimum of 50 lbs. and the ability to stabilize a minimum of 100 lbs.
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally with others, including employees and customers.
- Must meet company Insurability requirements
- Exposed to weather 75%+ of shift; Works outside 75% of shift
- Extended exposure to petroleum products
- Spends 55% of day driving, subject to DOT rules and regulations
- Spends 45% of day standing and monitoring fill location
- Spends 35% of day lifting/pushing/pulling a minimum of 50 lbs or more
- Spends 10% of day climbing ladders
- Spends 10% of day walking/climbing stairs
- Schedule may include early morning, evening or weekend shifts depending upon the needs of the business.