The Sr Scrum Master will be a key member of the Portfolio Delivery team, supporting the Supply Chain Technologies group and will serve as Scrum Master of AMC Networks' Supply Chain & Value Chain portfolio. The focus of the portfolio is the delivery and maintenance of internal facing technologies that support the Supply Chain and Value Chain Operations Teams in acquiring, scheduling, managing, and delivering content to external partners and Owned & Operated Platforms. The ideal candidate is a business-focused problem solver, capable of collaborating with members of the technology team, vendors, key stakeholders, and AMCN's SVOD and national network organizations.
This individual will play a key role in the continuous improvement and management of programs and projects within the portfolio. Proven experience with business-critical programs with multiple project dependencies, as well as the ability to successfully launch new products and product features across various platforms and products, are essential to this position.KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform Scrum Master duties including leading daily stand-up meetings, reviews, demos, and other project-related meetings.
- Manage multiple scrum teams within projects that drive revenue growth for AMCN.
- Be laser-focused on delivering on time to meet business goals.
- Understand project interdependencies and contribution to the overall business goals.
- Ensure the successful delivery of key business projects and goals by understanding the key prerequisites and interdependencies of various initiatives.
- Able to manage multiple critical projects simultaneously.
- Ensure necessary steps, stories and dependencies to deliver projects and their components are established.
- Confidently lead and drive cross-functional scrum teams through full delivery life-cycle
- Partner with the Delivery Lead to ensure project health and risks (velocity, resource, blockers, etc) are communicated and escalated as needed.
- Drive backlog refinement and prioritization.
- Facilitate sprint and release planning and cadence to ensure predictable delivery.
- Jira/Atlassian project administration strong knowledge.
- Communicate regular status updates to executive leadership team on timelines, resource allocation and escalate key issues and risks to ensure timely resolution and mitigation.
- Provide business domain and functional expertise to understand key drivers of various projects and programs.
(Required & Preferred)
- Strong knowledge of agile methodology and scrum management within a VOD and/or OTT service, ideally related to marketing, subscriptions and/or video operations. Knowledge of content management and content distribution a plus.
- Understanding of the streaming landscape, including the various devices in the marketplace.
- 8+ years of Project Management experience
- 5+ years of Scrum Management with strong focus on execution.
- Experience in full life-cycle deliveries from business development to final software acceptance.
- Experience delivering new product features and/or solutions in an Agile environment.
- Must be able to work effectively with business and technical resources at all levels, including senior management.
- Proficient in Jira/Confluence.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to work on tight deadlines and deliver quality results.
- Proactive problem solver, who can work both collaboratively and independently.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Entertainment industry experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
The Company is committed to policy of nondiscrimination in its employment and personnel practices. Applicants are considered for all employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, religion, alienage, citizenship, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, genetic predisposition or carrier status, age, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sexual assault, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.