Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Secret Public Trust/Other Required:
None Job Family:
We are GDIT. The position will support a Department of Defense program that is playing a major role in leveraging the commercial transportation industry to support the movement and relocation of DoD personnel, equipment, and supplies.
As part of this effort, GDIT has deployed software/database development teams leveraging Agile/Scrum processes to deliver updates through repeated sprint cycles.
The Global Freight Management
system supports the Military Surface Deployment and Distribution Command (SDDC) as the surface transportation component of the United States Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM), which leads the Department of Defense with all of their military transportation requirements.
GDIT provides development, maintenance, and sustainment support for the GFM as partners with the SDDC. GFM is comprised of more than a dozen web-based/cloud-based applications which facilitate the communication between SDDC, shipping businesses, and commercial transport companies in support of the bidding, selection, and coordination of military equipment and personnel requiring transportation anywhere around the world.
The position requires the successful candidate to be part of a development team in developing and updating GFM applications in a cloud-based environment through proper Agile and Scrum processes and methodologies.
We are looking for a Software Developer
who hold active DOD secret clearance. This is 100% remote within USA. Responsibilities:
- Develop and modify applications, software, services, utilities, interfaces, and systems that support GFM systems and customers.
- Document and resolve problem reports and collaborate with functional leads and customers to update and verify fixes in support of GFM projects and applications.
- Work with functional leads and customers to elicit and understand user needs, analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls.
- Utilize configuration management to baseline code updates, and develop software using Agile software development processes
- Develop integration code to connect and interface GFM applications.
- Develop solutions that utilize open standards and ICDs to promote interoperability through service-based architectures.
- Support the development and configuration of database systems.
- Work with systems engineering and test teams to understand and develop solutions that address program requirements.
- Assist in software design and architecture decisions.
- Document design artifacts in architecture software, including class and sequence diagrams.
- Participate in agile scrum teams through the agile process.
- Work with systems engineering and management to establish user stories and closure criteria.
- Participate in the software feature and story estimations using standard software estimation tools and practices.
- Becoming an expert and major contributor for designs and implementation efforts of the GFM system in a cloud-based environment.
- Working closely with functional leads and customers to understand requirements and convert them into actionable solutions.
- Identifying opportunities and acting on improving existing tools, frameworks and DevSecOps workflows
- Documenting and sharing your experience with team members, mentoring others
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline and 2+ years of relevant experience or High School Degree and 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Active Security Clearance
- DoD 8570 compliance at IAT Level II (Security+CE)
- 6+ years experience in developing Java applications
- 4-6+ years of experience with researching, designing, developing, or modifying web systems or applications
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting
- Good problem-solving skills; ability to visualize a problem/situation and think abstractly to solve it
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time related constraints in a fast-paced development environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be effective at communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Moderate knowledge of the JIRA tracking tool
- Energetic, goal oriented, proactive, innovative, hardworking, and patient
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- Experience with planning web system and development deployment and maintaining responsibility for meeting software compliance standards
- Experience with evaluating interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system
- Experience with database application interface development
- Experience with documenting testing and maintenance of system corrections
- Understanding of enterprise application design, web applications, and Services Oriented Architectures
- Full-flex work week
- 401K with company match
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
- Ability to make a real impact on the world around you
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
The likely salary range for this position is $67,683 - $113,048, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
Our benefits package for all US-based employees includes a variety of medical plan options, some with Health Savings Accounts, dental plan options, a vision plan, and a 401(k) plan offering the ability to contribute both pre and post-tax dollars up to the IRS annual limits and receive a company match.To encourage work/life balance, GDIT offers employees full flex work weeks where possible and a variety of paid time off plans, including vacation, sick and personal time, holidays, paid parental, military, bereavement and jury duty leave. To ensure our employees are able to protect their income, other offerings such as short and long-term disability benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment, personal accident, critical illness and business travel and accident insurance are provided or available.We regularly review our Total Rewards package to ensure our offerings are competitive and reflect what our employees have told us they value most.