At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrows reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: 1
Siemens EDA is part of Siemens Digital Industries Software, a Siemens Group company and world leader in the global digitalization of companies. Siemens EDA, a world leader of Electronic Design Automation (EDA), develops and markets software products and hardware solutions (emulators) covering the entire design & verification flow. Siemens EDA counts among its customers the majority of the world's Top 50 in the fields of Semiconductors, Computing, Consumer, Automotive, Telecommunications and the Defense and Space sector. At the Siemens EDA Fremont site, we develop disruptive semiconductor chip design CAD software, including the Analog Fast SPICE (AFS), the worlds fastest nanometer accurate circuit verification platform. AFS is used by over 150 semiconductor companies worldwide for their toughest circuit verification challenges while designing high-speed I/Os, PLLs, ADCs/DACs, CMOS image sensors, RFICs, and embedded memory.
This position will be part of the AFS R&D team, focused on circuit simulation. As a key member of a highly proficient, productive, and motivated R&D team, developing industrys leading circuit simulator, using cutting edge software development techniques, you will be offered:
- Technical challenges to solve toughest nanometer scale circuit verification problems for the leading semiconductor companies in the world.
- A motivating, stimulating, and rewarding work environment
- Excellent training and growth opportunities throughout your career
- Attractive compensation and benefits
As a member of AFS R&D team you will participate in the design and implementation of efficient algorithms using state of the art software engineering processes and development tools, with a strong emphasis on software quality; thus, adding to your industry level experience in solving tough computational complexity problems while participating in entire software development lifecycle. We are looking for a self-motivated and inspiring team player with outstanding problem-solving skills to maintain and grow the technical dominance of the AFS product.
- Develop new and compatibility features for the core circuit simulator.
- Participate in the specification, architecture, design, and development of features
- Enhance core circuit simulator, e.g., performance, accuracy, capacity, convergence.
- Maintain and enhance compatibility with other simulators.
- Profile and identify bottlenecks in performance of various analyses for very large circuits.
- Improve numerical algorithms used in the core engine.
- Debug difficult testcases with accuracy, performance, capacity, or functional issues.
- Extend and maintain the capabilities of the AFS circuit simulator.
- Be a force for improving development processes and product quality.
- Work effectively with other globally distributed engineering teams and the Product Validation team
- Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technologysupplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an ExecutiveOrder requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who dobusiness with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unlessgranted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious beliefor practice. TheCompany has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the timebeing while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring thesituation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be incompliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted you will be expectedto be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Understanding of the internal workings of a circuit simulator
- Knowledge of Verilog-A and modeling in Verilog-A.
- EDA industry level work experience
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of proven strong background in developing efficient, high quality software for engineering applications; preferably using numerical methods and sparse matrix techniques
- Strong background in numerical methods and sparse matrix techniques.
- Outstanding programming skills in C and C++, preferably on Linux platform.
- Proficiency in memory optimization, high-performance data structures and algorithms.
- Advanced multithreading programming experience.
- Working knowledge of analog electrical circuits.
- Solid background in object-oriented design and software engineering processes.
- Self-motivated individual with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated to work in globally distributed engineering environment
Digital Industries Company:
Siemens Industry Software Inc. Experience Level:
Experienced Professional Job Type:
Full-timeEqual Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .