Together we strive for everyone's opportunity towards a better financial future.
Together we stand up for and champion everyone's access to opportunity. We strive for better together. We advocate for everyone and not against anyone. Voya believes in being bold and committed to action. We are committed to a work environment where the differences that we are born with - and those we acquire throughout our lives - are understood, valued and intentionally pursued. We believe that our employees own our culture and have a responsibility to foster an environment where we all feel comfortable bringing our whole selves to work. Purposefully bringing our differences together to positively influence our culture, serve our clients and enrich our communities is essential to our vision to be America's Retirement Company .Are you ready to join a great company with a winning culture? Start your Voyage - Apply NowPosition Summary:
Highest level technical resource focusing on highly visible, complex and critical business priorities. Forecasts and establishes plans for defining, delivering, enabling and supporting significant information technology components into the organization architecture. Sets direction and guides teammates through complex requirements, procedures, and processes to optimize system performance and efficiencies, balancing technical and organizational goals.Position Description:
Knowledge & Experience:
- Serves as the highest level technical expert, resolving problems of systems integration, compatibility, performance potentially across multiple platforms; provides feasibility analysis on potential projects.
- Builds and maintains systems based on applications architectures to improve business processes and in alignment/support of critical business strategies.
- Assesses the business and organizational implications of key application technology alternatives for wide-impact initiatives to recommend appropriate strategic action.
- Facilitates continues process improvements within team.
- Determines organizational impact of software maintenance issues and develops overall strategy to address them.
- Integrates activities with business units and collaborates to ensure project costs and schedules are properly estimated and controlled.
- Other duties as assigned.
Be Well. Stay Well.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or a directly related field, Master's Degree preferred.
- Eight + years of software engineering and development, including five years in technical leadership.
- Significant experience in large-scale integrated online RDBMSs across multiple hardware and software platforms.
- Significant experience in new computing architectures and implementation of networked computing structures.
- Significant experience across multiple platforms/technologies including mainframe, OO programming experience, including Java and C++.
- Experience developing NT, Unix, and/or Windows based applications, strong component, process and data modeling skills.
Voya provides the resources that can make a difference in your lives. To us, this means thriving physically, financially, socially and emotionally. Voya benefits are designed to help you do just that. That's why we offer an array of plans, programs, tools and resources with one goal in mind: To help you and your family be well and stay well.What We Offer
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- 401(k) Savings plan - with generous company matching contributions (up to 6%)
- Voya Retirement Plan - employer paid cash balance retirement plan (4%)
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Paid time off - including 20 days paid time off, nine paid company holidays and a flexible Diversity Celebration Day.
- Paid volunteer time - 40 hours per calendar year
Learn more about Voya benefits (download PDF)Critical Skills
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more aboutCritical SkillsEqual Employment Opportunity
Voya Financial is an equal-opportunity employer. Voya Financial provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, disability, veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other status protected by state or local law.Reasonable Accommodations
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. This commitment governs all decisions related to employment, including selection, development and compensation. It also includes an employee's request for reasonable accommodation. All employees will be treated in a manner free from discrimination or harassment. Voya is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please see our resources for applicants with disabilities.
Misuse of Voya's name in fraud schemes