We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US.
ICFs Digital Modernization Division is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, technology department, seeking all levels of Senior ServiceNow (SNOW) Developers to be part of an established team supporting cloud platform solutions and management to our federal client in Washington, DC.
Our Digital Modernization Division is an information technology and management consulting department that offers integrated, strategic solutions to its public and private-sector clients. ICF has the expertise, agility, and commitment to design, build, and operate high-performance IT engines to support all aspects of our clients business.
The Team:The Tailored Platform Services Support (TPSS) team supports cloud platform systems that are critical to the success of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) mission. The TPSS program provides contractor support for both Operations and Maintenance (O&M) activities and Development and Modernization (DM&E) efforts.
This work is to provide development support to the O&M team and includes but is not limited to the following tasks:
- Perform day-to-day support and maintenance, work with the functional team to develop solutions in ServiceNow, and coordinate support and development efforts within the admin team.
- General support, administration, and maintenance of the ServiceNow platform and associated application.
- Work closely with ServiceNow functional team to build requested items and tasks using workflows to manage processes from the customer to the fulfillment teams.
- Work closely with ServiceNow functional team, configure and improve core and custom applications.
- Work directly with end-users to resolve support issues within ServiceNow
- Create and configure Business Rules, UI Policies, UI Actions, Client Scripts, and ACLs including advanced scripting of each.
- Create and configure Notifications, UI pages, UI Macros, Script Includes, Formatters, etc. in ServiceNow
- Load, manipulate, and maintain data between Service-now and other systems
- Create ServiceNow reports and dashboards
- Ensure overall systems availability via good design/best practices, thorough testing, promotion discipline, and responsiveness in root cause analysis.
- Interact with platform customers and translate their business requirements into actionable development tasks.
- Reliably estimate relative work effort for various requests for self/team to enable prioritization.
- When needed, serve as key ServiceNow application developer responsible for implementing using best practices as pertains to workflows, integration, configuration, customization, orchestration, access controls, etc.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives.
- Prepares detailed specifications for programs.
- Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Technical knowledge and responsibility of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming.
- Understands the business or function for which the application is designed.
- Instructing, directing, and checking the work of other technical team members.
- Full Stack Developer Engineer who can handle all the work of databases, servers, systems engineering, and clients. responsible for front and back-end web development.
- 3+ years of experience implementing systems using the Agile/Scrum methodology
- A minimum of (3) years of experience developing on the ServiceNow platform:
- Administration of a ServiceNow instance including the management of users, groups, and roles, CMS Development, ACLs, business rules, workflows, UI actions, UI policies, dictionary, and catalog items Orchestration and Discovery experience a plus.
- Developing APIs via script includes, a competency of client and server APIs beyond just Glide record (i.e. Ajax, date/time, various utilities on the developer portal, etc.), Service Portal work leveraging Angular, mobile, integration hub, etc.
- Building custom application development including Custom Service Portal widget creation.
- Modernizing legacy applications using ServiceNow implementations
- Developing and customizing core applications such as Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge, and Service Catalog.
- 1+ years of strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 1+ years of strong analytical and organizational skills.
- 1+ years of proven attention to detail; a high bar for quality results.
- 1+ years of ability to juggle multiple tasks in parallel with awareness for evolving prioritization.
- US Citizenship required (required by the federal client for this position)
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Preferred Skills (not required):
- Capable with configuration, scripting (client/server), integrations (REST, SOAP, etc.), data model/tables, forms, record-producers, security/access (Glide), workflows, applications, events, email, homepages/reports, external data, Machine Learning, Orchestration, NOW Platform and custom Applications, etc.
- Experience with multiple of the following products: IT Service Management, Event Management, and Project Portfolio Management.
- ITIL Foundations Certification (v4 or higher).
- A command of relational database concepts.
- ITSM and/or ITBM implementation experience
- Experience managing a SNOW platform upgrade
- Experience serving as the technical lead on a SNOW implementation from start to finish
- Bachelors Degree (BS) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience in an O&M environment
- Experience with both OOTB and Custom development in ServiceNow
- Experience leading and mentoring Junior ServiceNow team members
- Experience building APIs through MuleSoft
- Experience integrating with external systems such as Okta, Box, Splunk, or Socrata
- Integration experience (SOAP, REST, and JSON as well as JDBC and file imports)
- ServiceNow Developer Certifications are strongly preferred
Indeed LI-CC1 SENW22 Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy () .
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law () and Pay Transparency Statement () .
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)