Why CompuCom? (Overview)
The Product Architect II provides presales and project support to Account Executives, Delivery teams, and customers. The Product Architect II supports the Sales team from the beginning of a sales cycle to understand a customers overall technology direction and applies expertise to develop the most optimal solution for the customers organization.
The role is focused on identifying opportunities and defining solutions that include cloud, data center, networking, virtualization, security, and business continuity technologies. The Product Architect II works closely with less experienced Product Architects in order to deliver high-quality products and services.This is a remote role. Must be based in USA
What We Need & What You'll Do (Responsibilities) Responsibilities
- Manages an opportunity pipeline in conjunction with a team of Sales Account Executives in the territory. Serves as a go-to technical presales resource engaged whenever an opportunity requires the respective area of expertise. Equips Account Executives with a basic understanding of CompuCom solutions. Participates in customer and prospect meetings as technical sales support and communicates with both technical and business audiences from systems administrator to CIO. Analyzes a customers needs and determines the best solution for the prospect. Participates in sales presentations in a technical role, leading the consultative sales process and offering technical solutions.
- Provide education and thought leadership while translating customer business requirements into implementable technology solutions. Focuses on the creation and implementation of the Product Architecture by doing presentations and demos, writing proposals and documenting deliverables. Captures and processes the customer information to build a robust proposed solution that addresses the requirements while considering the solutions efficiency, flexibility, scalability, reliability, and availability.
- Coordinates and engages with other technical resources as necessary to provide the appropriate solution. Solutions the optimal combination of hardware, software, and services to meet the prospects requirements. Documents and validates the requirements for the solution. Develops bill of materials (BOM) for solutions of hardware, software, and services. Plays a supporting role in developing the bid or proposal and presents the solution to the prospect. Works with vendor partners to help drive business and support demand generation events.
- Maintains account relationships over time to continue to deliver advice to the customer and identifies additional opportunities. Ensures continuity of the solution and maintains oversight from sale through completion of professional services delivery.
- Develops tasks and engages with Professional Services to assist the creation of the statement of work as part of the solution.
Who You Are (Qualifications) Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred
- Area of study, Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related fields
- 3-5 years of experience in a related field
- Experience in one or more IT areas including but not limited to:
- IT architecture, Compute, Storage, Security, Networking, and Cloud
- Project and product management
- Experience with multiple hardware and software environments.
- Certifications in specific IT disciplines/solutions desirable. (i.e. CCIE, CISSP, Cloud, etc.)
Skills and Ability
- Proficiency with information technologies in a secure network environment
- Proficiency with manufacturer sizing and configuration tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to acquire adequate knowledge of the markets that we serve as well as the products and services we provide
- Ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate on the development of innovative, tailored solutions for customers and prospects.
- Ability to analyze customer environments to effectively architect solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively and maintain ownership during the solutioning process
- Ability to listen, advise, empathize, and explain
- Project management and leadership skills
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Current understanding of business analysis techniques and processes
- Demonstrated ability to communicate the complexities of technical solutions
- Ability to be strategic, articulating a vision and a long-term strategic solution while being able to define practical steps to deliver on the vision
- Ability to understand, synthesize, and translate between complex business problems and technical concepts
- Positive outlook in meeting challenges and strong work ethic
- Self-motived and flexible when working under indirect supervision; takes ownership for results
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative style to include teamwork and team building ability
- Flexible in a fast-paced dynamic environment with shifting roles and responsibilities
- Technically creative and open-minded
Equal Employment Opportunity
CompuCom is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.