Overview At ACT Your Work Makes a Difference
ACT team members are part of an organization dedicated to an important mission: Helping people achieve education and workplace success.
Advancing the mission internally, by helping team members achieve education and workplace success of their own, is core to our values. ACT supports team members by offering market-competitive pay, generous paid leave, flexible working arrangements, and access to an array of well-being programs including health & wellness programs and professional learning and development opportunities.
You will be joining a team that operates very independently with each team member working closely with others throughout the organization.
The position: We are seeking a Lead Salesforce Solutions Architect
to help us fulfill that mission.
Work location: This is a remote
The Lead Salesforce Solution Architect has overall responsibility for the architecture and architectural compliance of ACTs Salesforce application in an Agile environment. This role will position ACT to maximize the full potential of the Salesforce Platform, through the exciting challenge of solving complex, large-scale customer challenges to produce secure, scalable, and high-performance solutions. The domain-specific, multi-cloud solutions on the Salesforce Platform, drives personalized customer experiences that maximize business value. The Lead Salesforce Solution Architect will be accountable for solution design and technical choices of those solutions. What you will be working on:
This could be the job for you if you have (minimum requirements):
- Provides technology guidance, supports implementation deployment and troubleshooting, manages proof of concept, defines solutions on the platform
- Collaborates and facilitates architectural design, reviews and technology roadmap sessions with stakeholders
- Develops Salesforce solutions that adhere to platform best practices and perform peer code reviews. Typical Salesforce implementations include custom platform development (Apex, Visualforce, Lightning Components), integrations with back-office systems (often through the use of middle-ware tools) and complex data migrations
- Provides strategy and vision to Enterprise Sales Excellence and Enterprise Salesforce Automation (SFA) Center of Excellence (COE) teams for solution design, configuration, and development standards, including best practices with technology
- Leads the modeling and blueprinting of primary system and technical architectures which includes technology, platform, deployment, system interaction and software, and hardware infrastructure
- Establishes the definition, validation, and approval of technical and business requirements to ensure both feasibility and completeness of solutions
- Provides thought leadership, solution architecture, and design for ACTs next generation products and services
Its a plus if you have:
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive IT experience that includes at least two years of experience with one or more of the following:
- Architecting solutions, technical design and application development in continuous integration environment
- Solution applications using Salesforce development standards and best practices
- Working in an environment with large volumes of data, complex user interfaces, and multiple systems interfaces
- Experience with Salesforce platform programming languages - Apex, Visualforce, Lightning Component framework
- Appropriate Salesforce Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems or related area of study, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- Salesforce Certified Application Architect
- Experience with Declarative development tools such as Process Builder, Visual Workflow, Lightning App Builder, etc.
- Experience working in a microservice architecture
- Demonstrated relational and no-SQL database skills
When ACT was founded in 1959, it disrupted the assessment industry with a new approach to helping students better understand their readiness so they could take steps to improve it. By leveraging our expertise and authority in assessment and research, we will again disrupt the industryhelping more people learn, better measure their progress, and improve their navigation through lifes transitions.
More than ever before, ACT is fulfilling its mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. Were doing it by pushing the boundaries of learning innovation through the work of our people, who we call team members because were all in this together.
We know transformation does not come without challenge. Thats why ACT invests in a variety of experiences for team members to strengthen their connections, explore ideas, learn from customers, and celebrate success.
Learn more about working at ACT at act.org!