We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the U.S.
ICFs Digital Modernization division is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, technology department, seeking a Lead Appian Developer to lead and support upcoming needs with our federal customers.
Our Digital Modernization division is an information technology and management consulting department that offers integrated, strategic solutions to its public and private-sector clients. ICF has the expertise, agility, and commitment to design, build, and operate high-performance IT engines to support all aspects of our clients business. ICF will pay for certifications, and we offer an expansive digital learning platform via our training portal. Employees enjoy various training based on the job level and skillset, other training, study guides for various certification areas, and in-person training hosted by Appian.
This ICF Digital Modernization team currently supports a federal client in the Washington, DC Metro Area providing Agile delivery with a high focus on applying technical best practices to enable data governance strategy and maximize the reuse of common data elements to maintain high data quality.
The Lead Appian Developer will provide expert leadership and guidance on projects, including enterprise application architecture, design review, technical mentorship, performance testing, scaling, and industry-specific knowledge. This person will utilize Appian's Best Practices and industry best practices when operating and maintaining existing solutions, and lead the delivery and design of Business Process Management (BPM) implementations that reduce overall project risk. The Lead Appian Developer will develop solutions (platform, system, and process) based on end-user requirements and complete design reviews of project team deliverables to ensure adherence to best practices, maximize reuse, and minimize technical debt.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Certified Level 2 Appian Developer
- Must have at least 8+ years of relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 1+years of experience with BPM and data integration technologies including Case Management Model and Notation (CMMN), Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN), Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), Oracle database
- 4+ years of Business process modeling & optimization experience
- 4+ years of recent hands-on experience with the Appian platform
- Good working knowledge of Application Servers like JBoss, WebLogic, IIS, etc. as part of the installation
- 4+ years of experience in configuring, debugging, and systems integration including configuring forms, reports, underlying logic, and interface components as a developer
- 4+ years of experience in all phases of software development for large-scale business-critical applications following Agile methodologies
- 3+ years of experience in the design and implementation of SOAP and REST Web Service
- Must be able to work with users to gather and refine requirements
- 4+ years of experience with relational databases and SQL scripting. Oracle Databases are preferred.
- 2+ years of team lead experience, providing day to day task oversight and team direction
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Green Card Holder or US Citizenship is required due to federal contract requirements.
- Certified Level 3 Appian Developer
- Java development experience is a strong plus
- 2+ years of recent work experience on a software development project in a federal government setting
- Experience defining and documenting architecture for technology implementations leveraging different architectural views
- Exposure to common industry platforms and programming languages Appian BPM, IBM WebSphere, Mule, LAMP/JBOSS, HADOOP, Java, Microsoft/.Net is preferred
- Experience in Enterprise Application Integration (SOA, ESB) and n-tier client-server architectures preferred
- Java developer with Maven builds experience is a strong plus
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
- Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
DMD Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy () .
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law () and Pay Transparency Statement () .
DC Remote Office (DC99)