Clerks - Direct Hire - INCENTIVES ELIGIBLE
DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY - IRS
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining regular production/inventory reports using established formats and sources of data applicable to the program, functional, or organizational reporting requirements. Prepares special reports as directed.
- Performs a limited number of administrative tasks using an automated system which involves: assigning, maintaining, monitoring, or updating work status and inventory records; ordering research; acknowledging correspondence; maintaining, updating and initiating personnel records; timekeeping; and performing other support activity.
- Prepares and maintains regular production/inventory reports/attendance records using established formats and sources of data applicable to the program, functional, or organizational reporting requirements. Prepares special reports as directed.
- Receives, opens, sorts, and distributes both incoming and outgoing mail and products; routes mail to various points within and outside the organization. Ensures all mail and products contain sufficient information for proper delivery. Maintains logs for mail and product accountability purposes.
- Screens documents, forms, and letters addressed or routed to various offices; researches correspondence not addressed to specific functional areas. Screens material initially identified as "unable to route" to determine information requested and based on thorough knowledge of organization and functions of various offices, determines proper office which the material should be sent. Identifies forms or documents requiring special priority handling and treats them accordingly.
- Perform all duties related to delivery scheduling, receipt and acceptance, inventory management and reconciliation, and product disposal.