Apply for this job now
Electrical Engineer. Job in Winnipeg Jobs Near Me
- Job Type
- 11 Nov 2022
Apply for this job now
- Directs the planning, design, engineering, procurement, cost, scheduling, construction, commissioning and troubleshooting activities of multiple major projects by coordinating effort of various internal departments, project teams and outside consulting resources.
- Prepares conceptual and detailed design of major engineering projects requiring mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and structural considerations. Prepares technical reports for internal use and for submission to local technical authorities including operation and preventative maintenance instructions for in-house designed systems.
- Manages approved project timelines.
- Provides technical and financial data for preparation of project justification and cost benefit analysis.
Organizes and provides input into engineering projects and required resources (staff and financial), according to department and project requirements.
- Develops proposals and cost estimates; estimates project needs including equipment, materials and personnel; schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications; ensures facilities are in compliance with federal, municipal and provincial electrical, fire, building, health and safety codes.
- Reviews, evaluates and approves contracts for work to be performed by consultants and outside contractors; monitors budgets, approves plans and designs and resolves problems as they arise.
- Monitors all work in progress to ensure that quality and engineering standards are met and that designs are effective through the entire process; approves changes to designs or schedules as necessary.
- Produces periodic project status reports comparing actual to forecasted timeline.
- Acts as a liaison with internal and external customers, assuring satisfaction with progress and quality.
- Participates in projects as a team member and/or team project leader.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out special duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of PC's in the current company operating system environment.
- Working knowledge of federal and provincial fire, building, plumbing and electrical codes is a plus.
- Working knowledge of gas turbine engines and specific product knowledge is a plus.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of company instruction, company process and quality manuals.
- In jurisdictions governed by a regulatory body or with an association that is governed by local legal requirements, registration is required.
- University degree in mechanical, industrial or aerospace engineering; or equivalent.
- Experience with project management in a manufacturing or aerospace environment is an advantage.
- Job Reference: 777055995-2
- Date Posted: 11 November 2022
- Recruiter: Standardaero
- Location: Winnipeg
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent