Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret Public Trust/Other Required:
None Job Family:
Join General Dynamics IT
and be a part of a team that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. The Navy's Enterprise Authoritative Data Environment (eADE)
system team is seeking a Senior Tableau Systems Administrator
to join their team. This is a remote position.
The program overall will maintain Navy O&M and Research/Development/Test and Evaluation (RDTE) for Navy Personnel and Pay systems. The eADE team will apply an authoritative data sharing framework that supports data analytics and business intelligence functions to the HR systems.
We have a requirement to have a senior systems administrator specializing in Tableau and Tableau Prep systems administration. Tableau and Tableau Prep are critical applications in the eADE Test, Development and Production environments (hosted in the Amazon Government Cloud) for developers, data modelers and end users that requires specialized, constant care and feeding to ensure reliability and responsiveness to the eADE mission.
The Senior Tableau Systems Administrator is responsible for implementing and maintaining the program virtual infrastructure while performing the following responsibilities/functions:
- Performs daily systems administration, monitoring, and system maintenance on Tableau and associated product suite applications in eADE Test, Development and Production environments in Amazon Government Cloud
- Performs software installations, upgrades, patch installs on Tableau and associated product suite applications
- Go-to SME who diagnoses and troubleshoots problems related to Tableau and associated product suite applications and assists others with OS, network, and related software troubleshooting
- Ensures that performance and security of virtual servers meet the needs of network users
- Creates and manages VPC, URL proxies, C2S access points
- Troubleshoots and configures servers in a virtual environment
- Assists end users on the proper use of hardware and software
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Performs periodic SCAP and STIG requirements needed to harden servers
- Conducts basic hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
- Documents work for leadership, update/create Standard Operating Procedures, and brief staff and customers various tasks
WHAT CAN GDIT OFFER YOU?
- Bachelors degree; additional experience may be substituted for the degree
- 8+ years of experience in network/systems administration (administering, optimizing, and configuring Tableau and associated product suite applications and Oracle databases associated with Tableau and associated product suite application; Creating and configuring new servers in a virtual environment; AWS preferred; Experience managing VPC, URL proxies, and C2S access points; Improving system operations and functionality, monitoring and optimization of the servers)
- Navy personnel and modernization experience
- Windows/Linux operating system or computing environment certification/training
- Security+ Secret clearance
- Excellent customizable health benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 401K with company match
- Flexible work week
- Educational Assistance and eLearning
- Internal mobility team dedicated to employee advancement
- Rewards and Recognition programs
- Innovative and collaborative environment encouraging of highly motivated critical thinking
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.