Apply for this job now
Director, Training&Dev II
- Helotes, Texas
- Job Type
- 11 Nov 2022
Apply for this job now
StandardAero has an exciting opportunity for a strategic Training & Development Leader to join one of the largest independent aviation service businesses in the world.
StandardAero is a leading provider of maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services across the Commercial Airlines & Fleets, Business Aviation and Military & Energy sectors. The Company is a global organization with ~7000 employees working out of facilities strategically located in 55 primary locations across 6 continents.
The San Antonio Training & Workforce Development Director will be accountable for establishing and managing the long-term Workforce and Training and Development strategy for the San Antonio site (SASAI).
In addition, the incumbent will be accountable for developing, implementing and maintaining a Technical Training Architecture to include a StandardAero Technical Training Center of Excellence (COE).
This Technical Training COE will be established in San Antonio, TX as a resource for US based Engine MRO facilities and will:
- Focus on technical training and certification across multiple functions (Operations, Quality, Engineering and Supply Chain) and will provide new hire training as well as certification, progression and refresher courses
- Be capable of producing production ready airplane engine mechanics “from scratch” at a rate to support StandardAero growth at the pace of 25 engine mechanics per month (300 per year)
- Leverage state of the art training technology to attract future leaders of the Aerospace industry and should include classroom, computer based, “on engine” and on the job training (OJT)
- Be flexible, adaptable and scalable to accommodate training for multiple programs and functions across the organization
- Leverage community partnerships to feed the talent pipeline and provide additional training venues and curriculum options
- Enhance and build upon grants and community investment in the SASAI community
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Training and Development
- Directs the development and implementation of all Technical Training COE training programs and curriculums to provide highly skilled employees across programs and skill sets for US based MRO facilities.
- Evaluates technical training needs to determine appropriate training content, objectives and courseware design methodologies to establish training design projects.
- Leads the training design teams in the design of custom technical training courseware, assessments and certifications in close collaboration with business leaders and technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure adherence to cost and schedule.
- Ensures standardization and compliance with all appropriate regulatory requirements related to training and ensures relevant guidance is considered in the development of such programs.
- Establishes, builds and leverages relationships in the San Antonio community to feed the talent pipeline and provide additional training venues and curriculum options.
- Collaborates with internal StandardAero stakeholders in Human Resources, Technical Training, etc.
- Stays abreast of industry and regulatory changes to ensure the SASAI training effort is industry leading.
- Establishes and maintains metrics for the success and quality of the SASAI training program.
- Coaches, mentors and develops others; Provides leadership, instruction and guidance in the performance of training design principles, methodologies and tasks.
Community & Workforce Development
- Support national strategic partnerships in education and workforce preparation forged through charitable grants, sponsorships and employee community engagement.
- Represent the company as directed at public settings and community events.
- Promote StandardAero priorities and provide subject matter expertise to external partners.
- Identify ways community involvement can support business objectives, and develop and implement execution plans.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or qualification or professional certification in the area of Training and Development.
- Minimum of 5 years as a training practitioner.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative training solutions.
- Experience in the development of strategic government and educational partnerships; experience with the State of Texas preferred.
- Experience in learning content creation; particularly in aviation and / or MRO industries.
- Experience with LMS course and curriculum architecture, curriculum management, curation and course management.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills - The ability to create collaborative relationships with others in the organization, and with key external business partners.
- Systems and Critical Thinking - Demonstrated ability to quickly understand complex systems and processes and apply advanced critical thinking skills.
- Influence – Positive individual with high energy, executive-level presence and the ability to influence change and initiate actions that have strategic impact and drive a high-performance culture.
- Building Effective Teams - Demonstrated ability to build strong teams by fostering open dialogue, sharing wins and successes, delegating responsibility and allowing team members opportunities for growth.
- Customer Focus - Meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, acting with customers in mind at all times.
- Drive for Results - Successfully meet or exceed goals and focus on business results. Push self and others to achieve results.
- Managing and Measuring Work – Set clear objectives and measures, monitor process, progress and results, clearly assign responsibility for tasks and decisions.
- Managing Vision and Purpose – Communicate a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose, making the vision sharable by the organization.
- Motivating Others – Empower others, share ownership and visibility. Motivate direct reports and other team members.
- Project Management – The ability to plan, organize, and manage resources to bring about the successful completion of a specific project. Includes: Identifying key activities, dependencies and milestones; Developing critical paths, monitoring and reviewing impacts of performance or changes; Scheduling resources and assigning tasks to meet project objectives; Using specialized project management methodology and tools; Managing project costs and/or deliverables and Reporting progress, results and lessons learned.
- Job Reference: 777055994-2
- Date Posted: 11 November 2022
- Recruiter: Standardaero
- Location: Helotes, Texas
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Education
- Job Type: Permanent