IWI Powered by Parts Authority
Iowa City YOUR FUTURE IS NOW We have immediate career opportunities for Delivery Drivers Part Time in our most successful rapidly expanding DivisionOur Drivers are the company representatives that interact with our clients daily. Candidates must have excellent customer service skills and a clean driving record. Parts Authority is one of the fastest growing Supply Chain companies in the Country. We offer promotable career advancement and job stability- 47years old and GROWING! Text "Parts" to 97211 to applyor
You can apply on our company website career page at:4 Health Plan options Dental Vision 401K w/ company contribution Paid Vacation & sick leave Free Life Insurance and more
Parts Authority, founded in 1972, is a leading national distributor of automotive replacement parts, tools/equipment and transmissions. Parts Authority is rapidly expanding, and today has more than 300+ locations.
We are rapidly expanding and looking for candidates to join our family! Join our Parts Authority Team today and fill the role of Part Time Delivery Driver
The Part Time Delivery Driver will pick up and drop off automotive parts, while adhering to assigned routes and time schedules. You should be thorough in ensuring orders are properly fulfilled, passionate about satisfying customers and committed to work safety.
To succeed as a Delivery Driver, you should be polite, prompt, willing to work as part of the delivery team and committed to providing our customers with an excellent experience.
- Load, transport, and deliver items to customers or businesses in a timely, friendly and courteous manner.
- Review orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete, the charges are correct, and the customer is satisfied.
- Take and follow directions from dispatcher, adhere to assigned routes, follow time schedules, use route navigation apps, alternative routes, when necessary and knowledge of area to deliver packages to customers on time.
- Assist with loading and unloading items from vehicles without interfering with operations at customers place of business.
- Provide excellent customer service, answer questions, and professionally handle complaints and concerns from customers.
- Abide by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe driving record.
- Accept payments, prepare reports to include invoices, return forms, reconcile debt and credit and all moneys collected related to deliveries.
- When applicable, complete daily maintenance checks on company delivery vehicle and notify manager of any issues.
- Assist in any and all other store/ warehouse duties (stock, parts pulling etc.) as assigned.
Qualifications Minimum Requirements:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Current, valid drivers license
- A maximum of one or less major moving violations and/or at-fault incidents within a rolling 36-month period
- Must be able to meet company insurance requirements- (drivers must be 21 years old or over)
- No Serious driving-related offenses in the last seven years (e.g. hit-and-run, felonies involving a vehicle) on your driving record.
- No DUI or other drug-related driving violation.
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull up to 50 pounds, prolonged sitting
You must meet all of the above minimum Requirements and Qualifications and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities to be eligible to drive for Parts Authority
- Ability to manage, track and account for money transactions and reconcile customer credit and debt balances
- Ability to utilize a tablet and/or mobile device for purposes of navigation/ route optimization, tracking and customer interface/ signature capture
- Exceptional customer and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively, professionally, with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to take and follow directions and work well with others as part of team
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work overtime as needed preferred
- Previous delivery driving experience is a plus