This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the US or Canada. Several locations have been listed for marketing purposes only - there is only one position available.
Our work at Hach ensures water quality for people around the world. Our customer partnerships, passionate experts, and reliable, easy-to-use solutions make water analysis betterfaster, simpler, greener, and more informative. As a member of our team, youll get to make an immediate, measurable impact on a global scale, within industries from aviation to manufacturing to mining. Youll also be part of an environment that fosters career growth and professional development, with kindness at its core. And youll be part of our mission, which drives us to develop water quality solutions that protect the health and safety of all living things.
Hach is proud to be one of Danaher's Water Quality companies () . Motivated by the highest possible stakes of climate change and global health, were working together within a rapidly digitizing industry to find innovative technologies that guarantee the safety of our water and our environment.
You will report into the Senior Manager for Data Architecture & Warehouse, and serve as a key member of the senior technical staff defining and executing the corporate strategy around leveraging data as an asset.
We are growing and opening a NEW role for a Data Warehouse Architect (DWA) to serve Hachs current and future data needs with focus on designing, implementing, and continuously improving Data Warehouse architecture, models, and data pipelines.
Our current data warehouse is implemented in an Azure environment in SQL server databases. It follows best practices from Inmon, Kimball, and Linstedt methodologies. We also plan to implement a Gen 2 Azure data lake to store non-structured and IoT data, a Knowledge Graph, and sophisticated analytics pipelines. We implement forward and reverse ELT processes, and fine-grained access control for delivery of data to multiple applications in multi-mode formats and channels. Data sets are exposed to consuming applications through subject focused data marts.
- Define, design, and implement Data Warehouse (DW) architecture, logic, and physical implementation. DW has architecture and infrastructure to ingest, curate, and deliver structured and non-structured data at scale in relational and non-relational databases.
- Facilitate VOC sessions with stakeholders of diverse professional backgrounds, reviewing source system layouts and schemas, analyzing, and discussing business and technical requirements, creating roadmaps, and delivering solutions that meet customers information needs.
- Instrumental in the definition, documentation, and development of mapping rules for movement of data from disparate data sources and into the various components and subject areas
- Create data models including robust metadata, entity-relationship-attribute models, as well as relational, dimensional, and graph models.
- Work closely with DBAs to transition logical models to physical implementation of data structures in SQL and No-SQL data bases.
- Masters degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Five or more years of experience in designing and delivering enterprise Data Warehousing solutions/ Lakehouse initiatives
- Five or more years of experience with Relational and Dimensional Modeling as well as structuring data lake directories
- In-depth expertise of relational database design, logical data modeling, data warehousing, and relational database management systems preferably SQL Server
- Familiarity with data security, storage solutions, database virtualization and replication in Azure
- Experience designing DW processes to deliver data via REST APIs
- Expertise with Erwin modeler
- Expertise with Integration tools (e.g., Talend, Informatica)
- Strong understanding of BI tools (e.g., Power BI)
The salary range for this role is $92K - $130K. This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for bonus, incentive pay.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Companys sole discretion, consistent with the law.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System () tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.The EEO posters are available here () .We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at to request accommodation. If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.